Art, Poetry, and Music Competitions
With the support of the Government of Manitoba Bridge Grant Program & Funding from the Manitoba Arts Council.
Art created for this program must be one of the following: ‘Cultural Diversity’, ‘The First World’ or ‘No More War’. There is no entry fee to participate in this project regardless of career choice intended for the future.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, June 15, 2022. Students are advised to start creating early. The juror will provide written review only to youth that requests through the teachers or parents. This will be after the rewards have been presented on or before Friday, June 24, 2022. Judges will be looking at: visual impact, original concept, and artistic merit.
Note: Families of the board and volunteers of the Creative Foundation or relatives of the judges are not eligible to participate in the project.
- No fee is required to participate in this project.
- Entries must be in a horizontal or vertical format (drawing or painting). Size of work is minimum (8 1/2″ X 11″) to a maximum of 20″ x 24″. Entries must not be framed.
- Participations are allowed only from children attending public or private school or homeschooling.
- The entry may be created in any coloured medium on paper or on canvas.
- Every participant will be rewarded with certificates and souvenirs for participating.
- Selected artworks will be displayed on the Creative Foundation’s website and in promotional materials.
- Cash Prizes for top participants.
- A participant in the 13-18year category will receive a $500 cash prize and award plaque, a second-place participant will receive $150 cash prize, and the third-place participant will receive $100 cash prize.
- A participant in the 9-12year category will receive a $350 cash prize and an award plaque. The second-place participant will receive $100 cash prize, and the third-place participant will receive $75 cash prize.
- Reward presentation virtually and/or by email on Friday, December 9, 2022.
How to submit:
- The student’s name, school, grade, and age should be clearly written on the entry form created and attached to the back (not on the front) of the artwork.
- The teacher’s or guardian’s signature on the entry form acknowledges that the work is the original work of the child and an acceptance of the rules of the project.
- Students may submit only one entry.
- Each entry must be submitted digitally by the parent or teacher by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the form given below.
- The emailed image of the artwork and the entry form must not be larger than 2.8MB.